The Lead Pastor shall provide the primary leadership for Cornerstone Church. He will acknowledge that his work is enabled by the Holy Spirit, supported by prayer, guided by Scripture and carried out in the name of Jesus Christ for the glory of God the Father. As a member of the Elder Board, and as an overseer/shepherd, he shall provide Biblical direction and leadership so that members are built up in faith and maturity to become more like Christ.
The Lead Pastor shall demonstrate an authentic, God-centered life; passionate for Jesus Christ and a heart committed to share Christ with others. He shall maintain a healthy relationship with God that exemplifies a disciplined plan of personal worship to include prayer, Bible study, and financial stewardship. He shall serve as a role model of one committed to conduct their private and public life with personal integrity, love, joy, humility and holiness. We want our pastor to model healthy family priorities – he will make his family a priority.
I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9 shall serve as a guide to their personal behavior.
Areas of Accountability
- Is accountable to the Lord through the leadership of the church.
- Is accountable to the membership to maintain a life in accordance with the scriptural standard of Elder.
- Answers to the Elders in the spiritual, ministry and people concerns of the church. The Senior Pastor Job performance will be annually reviewed by the Elder Board.
- He shall agree with our Statement of Beliefs
As Cornerstone’s Preacher
- Is the main preacher on Sunday Mornings. Will strive to engage the congregation in GOD’s word effectively.
- Takes responsibility for the pulpit along with the Elders.
- Officiate at weddings, funerals that take place and also administers baptisms as well as the dedication of children.
As Cornerstone’s Leader
- As Chairman or in close consultation with the chairman, prepares agendas and leads/assists in leading the Elder meetings/prayer time.
- Discerning and giving direction for the overall vision of Cornerstone.
- Takes primary responsibility in areas where problems, issues, conflicts cannot be resolved at lower levels.
- Represents the church in matters of business and community.
- Maintenance of the church membership roster, also responsible for education of those interested in church membership.
- Supervises all staff and monitors that they remain on task and accountable.
- Oversees the staff’s work schedules, goal-setting and personal development.
- Makes the development of leaders, paid staff and volunteer, a top priority.
- Hiring and dismissal of staff in partnership with Elders.
- Encourages, resources, and motivates congregation to share the Gospel.
- Be personally engaged in small group(s) for purpose of discipleship.
- Involvement in one on one discipleship.
- Involved in discipleship as it takes place in pre-marriage/marriage counseling sessions
- Available to regular church attendees for initial spiritual counsel. More in-depth counseling can be provided if determined appropriate.
Region & Association
- Represents Cornerstone at NAB functions
- Availability to participate in projects locally and overseas
- Active Member of the Larger Church of Western New York
To begin the application process, please complete the digital application form below. Also, please e-mail a copy of your resume and any other supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon completion of the online application, all questions or inquiries should be directed to our office e-mail: email@example.com